Profile Installation Failed on MacBook Pro

MLDigital
Comes here often

Profile Installation Failed on MacBook Pro

I've previously had no issues enrolling my MacBook Pro with MDM.  Recently I was noticing some issues with WiFi networks not being synced from the profile properly.  I deleted the profile and then attempted to reinstall it, only to get the following message:

Profile Installation Failed

The profile “Meraki Management (com.meraki.sm.mdm:067a2fd0-e8eb-0135-1d49-6d6572616b69)” could not be installed due to an unexpected error.

<NSOSStatusErrorDomain:-50>

Anyone have any ideas?

14 REPLIES 14
jared_f
Kind of a big deal

@MLDigital Have you checked your APN certificate and made sure it has not expired? Also, please check to make sure you have enough licenses within dashboard.

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!

@jared_f APN is good until November and I'm well under the 100 device limit it's showing.

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

@MLDigital Have you tried deleting that device from Dashboard before trying the manual enrollment from m.meraki.com?

AnythingHosted
Building a reputation

I'm having the same issue. Tried all of the above. 

Any other thoughts?

@jared_f yes, it was deleted from Dashboard and the device but it won't re-enroll.

MLDigital
Comes here often

Just bumping this up to see if anyone has any more information... or perhaps any of the Meraki Engineers have an idea?

I've tried various different things, installing the agent first, uninstalling it etc. 

I've also tried installing from the command line, but I get the same error message as well.

@AnythingHosted any chance you're running a beta of High Sierra?

@MLDigital wrote:

@AnythingHosted any chance you're running a beta of High Sierra?

I am now running the beta (I wasn't before)... hasn't fixed the problem. 

I'll raise a ticket with Meraki. When I add the profile (without the agent being installed) I can see the MacBook appear in the list of clients with some text saying "never synced".

@AnythingHosted Yes, it shows up but then never syncs.  Now the Agent Installer DOES work, but it's not pushing profile restrictions, etc to the device because the profile crashes.

I asked about the beta because I am running the latest beta and wondered if that was what was keeping it from installing.

Where does one even send in a ticket?  The only support option I see is the community forum.

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

@MLDigital Are you a licensed account? If so:

https://meraki.cisco.com/form/contact

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

I am not seeing this issue on any of my Macbooks. Usually, a manual enrollment helps if the computer loses connection to your Meraki server.

As you can see neither I or @AnythingHosted can enroll the devices...
jared_f
Kind of a big deal

I would open a support ticket with Meraki. Usually, those are the three things I check - APN, Licensing, Manual Enrollment. 

Hope that helps,

Jared

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels