Pre-Populating domain on iPad login

SOLVED
Greg3
Here to help

Pre-Populating domain on iPad login

Good morning,

We have a bunch of shared iPads used by students. One of the biggest delays in the classroom is waiting for the students to fill in their full school email address, as it's fairly long and there is normally a fair few that spell it incorrectly. 

Is there any way we can pre-populate the domain, like the example below used in Chromebooks?

Chromebook.png

This will make it far easier and quicker for students to be able to log in.

Many Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey Greg,

you're in luck, because iOS 16 will allow us to pre-populate the domain.

image.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
walkman
Here to help

Are you not using Apple School Manager? If you are and have it setup correctly, the iPads should have a list of the classes and the students are able to just pick out their name without having to enter their emails.

See: https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Profiles_and_Settings/Configuring_Apple_School_Manager_for_Share...

57ce1fd4ef32f3991a12990dfdd7aa4c

Hi Walkman,

Sorry to resurrect this post, I thought I had replied before but I obviously never did! I work in a fairly large secondary school with over 500 individual classes, and the iPads are booked out to whoever needs them. We are set up on Apple School Manager, but it takes so long for the students to find their class, that it's actually quicker for them to type in their email address.

If there isn't a way of pre populating the domain, is there any other solution you can suggest?

Thanks alot for your help.

Hey Greg,

you're in luck, because iOS 16 will allow us to pre-populate the domain.

image.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels