Newbie question - Profile & Settings

PHXMAC
Just browsing

Newbie question - Profile & Settings

Hello All,

New to MDM (EMM) and the Meraki platform. Im managing some iPads with iOS11 (Only iOS 11). I wanted to check if its possible to build a profile that sets up some of the "Settings". We need to deploy with some settings already configured. Looking to turn off things like wallpaper "Perspective Zoom", "Show Recents" on the dock and "Orientation Lock" (landscape) in the control center.

Can any of this be accomplished in the managed app settings (com.apple.Preferences)? Any guidance would much appreciated.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't recall there being options to configure any of those three settings.

Also note that to be able to have ultimate control over a lot of things you need to have the device in "Supervised Mode", commonly done using DEP.

https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Profiles_and_Settings/iOS_Supervision

Thank you @PhilipDAth. I failed to mention that. The iPads are all in "Supervised Mode"

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

@PHXMAC Unforently, Apple does not allow things like this to be set because they believe this is all user based. I would take a look at the restrictions available for supervised devices to see what you could maybe do there. Managed app settings just provide configurations for apps from the app store and do not impact the UI in any way.

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels