Moving a device with DEP into a different Organization, how does this effect EMM or MDM?

iHeartMacs
New here

Moving a device with DEP into a different Organization, how does this effect EMM or MDM?

Hello I need to move Devices that are were bought from Apple and auto-enrolled into an organization and network. How do I go about this?  I know how to move devices between organizations but how do I make the DEP go to that organization now?

2 REPLIES 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I think you would need to contact Apple (or whomever originally assigned the devices) and get them to enrol them in the new device.

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

From my understanding you cannot move devices to different organizations within DEP. If you are planning on moving the device to a different network in your Meraki account that is a whole different story (and can be easily done without enrolling the devices). From my understanding you would have to disown the the device in your DEP and then use Apple Configurator to enroll it into the other orgs DEP. Be aware that devices need to be erased and re-configured as a new device for this to work! There is a thirty day period in which the device can be removed from management. This is outline in the following video at WWDC below:

https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2017/304/

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels