Missing System Apps with Open Blocklist - Android 11

Brayden_AFS
Comes here often

Missing System Apps with Open Blocklist - Android 11

Hello All,

I'm struggling getting ALL system apps and services to be available on new Android 11 devices we're rolling out.

Details: Zebra MC330L handheld device running Android 11

I have an "open" Blocklist set up under Android System Apps, however some factory apps are missing, and others won't launch leaving me to believe some package / class names are being blocked.

If I do a factory reset and boot the device without enrolling in Meraki, all factory apps and services work as intended.

But with the device enrolled in Meraki with an "open" Blocklist, I'm missing many factory Zebra apps that our organization relies on.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Brayden

4 Replies 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You've got it looking like this?

PhilipDAth_0-1661457581865.png

Thanks for your reply.

Yes - My Android System Apps configuration looks just like your screenshot. But still, many factory Zebra apps are missing.

My guess then is that they are not system apps, but standard Google Play store apps that are pre-installed.

Are you able to find the apps on Google Play?  If so, you may just need to add them to the deployment.

Hey Philip -- 

I guess these would be considered Zebra system apps, as they are specific to their custom Android build.  Unfortunately these Zebra apps are not available in the app store.

I've even tried going the other route with the Allowlist configuration.  I added all of the package names to the Allowlist and still there are a few missing.  I think some of the apps reference multiple package or class names.

The only other workaround I can think of is to request the APKs from Zebra and upload them to Meraki and deploy as "custom" apps.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels