Microsoft Outlook for iOS and Android App Settings

Larry
Comes here often

Microsoft Outlook for iOS and Android App Settings

Has anyone configured app settings for MS Outlook to be pushed out with MDM? I am looking for a list of Keys, Types and Values available.

23 REPLIES 23
MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

This should be what you're looking for: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt813789(v=exchg.150).aspx

MRCUR | CMNO #12

hi,

I'm also trying to configure the application. the link in the reply does not seem to me to answer the question. 
Does anyone have any other suggestions?
Best regards
MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

@Aondio_Carlo What info does the link not provide that you're looking for? It includes all of the keys that you can set in MDM to configure the Outlook app automatically for users. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12
Larry
Comes here often

I couldn't find the initial setup keys for mail server, domain, etc...

MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

It looks like Microsoft rewrote the article I originally linked to. This one provides the correct config settings: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt829322(v=exchg.160).aspx

MRCUR | CMNO #12
Larry
Comes here often

Thanks! Better link.

Hello,

I have read carrefully the KB for Outlook android app settings....but in meraki the apps Microsoft Outlook does not support any setting : 

The key form can only be filled by a list value.....

You confirm ? 

Capture.JPG

MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

@Alex69 That's interesting. It appears that only Android has this issue. When you select iOS, you can paste in the key values on their own. 

@Melissa Is this a known issue?

MRCUR | CMNO #12
Melissa
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

@MRCUR Thanks for flagging this/me 🙂

I'm looking into it with the team...will have an update soon. 

I'm out of the office but will try to post asap! 

Ok thank you, I'm waiting....:)

Doberman91
Conversationalist

Hi,

it's working now 😉 you can  retry, i add the return of the support.

It's working for us.

Yes, I confirm it's working now....:)

meraki.jpg

Larry
Comes here often

I still don't see the supported setting for IOS. Only Android

Melissa
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

@Larry managed app settings for ios can be pasted in the key value fields. They aren't made automatically searchable like they are for some Android apps (where the database of settings can be pulled by dashboard).

Larry
Comes here often

I had this working for a while. Now, Outlook IOS setting are not passing through.

Is there any standard format to configure this for outlook.com accounts?  I'm trying to use the devices owner credentials to configure the account on the Outlook app and used the keys from the Microsoft KB article, but I'm missing some fields on the app.  It's still asking for description and password.

So far I have 

Key 1.  com.microsoft.outlook.EmailProfile.EmailAddress Type: Owner: Email

Key 2: com.microsoft.outlook.EmailProfile.ServerAuthentication Type:  Owner: Email

Key 3: com.microsoft.outlook.EmailProfile.EmailAccountName Type: Text: Value: Outlook Email

Key 4: com.microsoft.outlook.EmailProfile.EmailUPN Type:  Owner: Email

Key 5: com.microsoft.outlook.EmailProfile.ServerHostName Type: Text Value: m.hotmail.com

key 6: com.microsoft.outlook.EmailProfile.AccountType Type: Text Value: BasicAuth

Has anyone managed to get this working?

I cant.

I have all the settings set as per the post above and tried various other variations too after using the referenced webpage, but all i get within iOS settings > Device Management is Unknown Payload against Managed App Settings.

And when i open outlook im just prompted for an email address to start configuring an account.

Thanks

Hello,

Is anyone try to configure two exchange account on outlook application via mdm settings ? the application allow multiple account....

Have you ever got it working for iOS devices?  I'm currently trying to set this up as well and have the same settings as the post above by Baldguy_2018, but it's not working.  I'm still prompted to enter email and password when I open Outlook.  

Looks like you are missing: 

com.microsoft.outlook.EmailProfile.AccountDomain

Hi thanks for the great info, would you mind sharing the type and value for that key?

thanks again!

Sorry - you probably have this info by now, but the Type is : Text And the Value is your <*local domain*>.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels