Meraki app using lots of data

Patrick3
Just browsing

Meraki app using lots of data

For some reason the Meraki app on mobile devices is using a ton of data. On average 800-1000mb a month. I can't see what it's using it for and it's costing our company a ton in out of bundle data usage.

Any ideas please?

9 REPLIES 9
MilesMeraki
Head in the Cloud

Are you using location services with the App? Are you deploying any files via the Backpack feature to devices?

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

Location Services are turned on, but we aren't using the Backpack feature to deploy files.

How often are you using the App? I have it installed but dont use it that often and haven't found excessive data usage. 

Users don't use the app, it's the app that is installed on mobile devices so they can be enrolled/managed by Cisco Meraki MDM

I dont think you need to actually install the App to manage devices you only need the profile....

But how do we get the profile on without the app to enroll the device? We also use the app for monitoring basic data usage stats, doesn't give us detail like the highest data usage app, but does give us some info in the dashboard for the device.

Hey Bud, is What kind of device is this on, i have a test Ipad i can mess with and see what happens , just let me know

It's on a Samsung Galaxy S5 that I've picked it up so far.
MikeMandalorian
A model citizen

Ive never noticed that much Data being used on all my devices , have you run a test by uninstalling it then reinstalling and monitor the usage 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels