Meraki SM Admin Console not searching for apps in google play store

mark-b
Conversationalist

Meraki SM Admin Console not searching for apps in google play store

Strange issue here, could not find this happening anywhere else. I have connected Meraki SM to Android Enterprise (managed google play account) and it has been working fine for months. Yesterday I logged into SM admin console and went to systems manager>apps and clicked add an app like I have done in the past. Then I selected Android and Play Store to search for the app I wanted. When I searched for the app it said no results so I searched for a bunch of different apps and always no results. I am able to go log into the managed google play store account and approve the app which then within a few minutes it shows up in Meraki SM. So I can search and approve just fine from managed google play but no longer from Meraki SM. Searching other app stores works fine, just not able to search google play store.

5 Replies 5
HiroY
Here to help

I've had the same problem since last week. I can search for iOS apps just fine, but no Android apps.

Support has been unresponsive on this topic since last Friday.

mark-b
Conversationalist

Hello, that was going to be my next step, to open a support ticket. I will do that today, maybe if enough people are having the issue and report it they will figure something out. Thanks for letting me know.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't remember clearly now, but try logging into Google play store using your desktop web browser (or the Google Play for Business, or whatever it is called) using the enterprise account and make sure it doesn't come up with anything.  Sometimes there are new licence agreements you have to accept, and things like that.

mark-b
Conversationalist

Thanks for the suggestion, I did try logging into the managed google play account and there was a yes/no asking if it was me who logged in from a new device (which I did and selected yes). Other than that there were no other warnings, went into the managed google play account security and everything looked good. If I search for apps in managed google play and approve them there within a few minutes they show up in Meraki SM apps. That leads me to believe everything is working fine, other than being able to search Google play store apps and approve from SM.

Hoggle
New here

I am having this issue also

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels