Managed App Config for Chrome managed bookmarks

ChristopherRPG
Just browsing

Managed App Config for Chrome managed bookmarks

I have looked at post from 2018 and 2020. Creating a managed app config for bookmarks in Chrome does not see that hard. Though looking at This link here and the post linked to it. Everyone says it just works, but I am unable to get it to work for me. 

I have removed all other profiles so just the Meraki MDM enrollment and the managed app config is deployed to the iPad. 

Hardware & Software

iPad config = Gen 7 with iOS = 13.5.1

Below is my test profile: 

Managed App Config 

Key = Managed Bookmarks

Type = Text

Value = [{"name": "Google", "url": "www.google.com" },{ "name": "You Tube", "url": "www.youtube.com"}]

Issue:

Folder never shows up in Chrome bookmarks

Bookmarks never show up in Chrome

If someone can point out what I maybe no seeing correctly. 

Thank you for your time. 

Below is a screen show of my settings: 

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 5.46.01 PM.png

2 Replies 2
PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I see a space in the name "Managed Bookmarks"

https://www.chromium.org/administrators/policy-list-3#ManagedBookmarks 

Try:

ManagedBookmarks:

[ { "toplevel_name": "My managed bookmarks folder" }, { "name": "Google", "url": "google.com" }, { "name": "Youtube", "url": "youtube.com" }, { "children": [ { "name": "Chromium", "url": "chromium.org" }, { "name": "Chromium Developers", "url": "dev.chromium.org" } ], "name": "Chrome links" } ]

Shany
Getting noticed

I've tried it before, but it wasn't possible.

If you look closely at the policy list of the Chrome browser, there is no text that iOS is supported.

Shany_0-1618360856175.jpeg

How about using Webclips or distributing html containing bookmark list in Backpack?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels