MDM: Outlook ios profile not applying

Miyo360
Getting noticed

MDM: Outlook ios profile not applying

Hi,

I have been using Meraki MDM for years and I'm very familar with it. I have also been using it to manage Outlook on iOS. However, recently someone left the company, so I remove the profile from their iPhone, which removed the entire Outlook app. I noticed I had "remove with MDM" selected in the App settings. 

I have now un-selected this. I also just un-selected "auto-install / auto-uninstall". I don't want to automatically uninstall it from users phones, as most users arrive at our company already using Outlook with their personal email accounts.

So with these two setting un-selected, the problem now is when someone new joins, with Outlook already installed, the profile is not pushing down the account settings for easy setup within Outlook.

My 'Settings' options look like this...

chrome_2020-10-12_15-51-12.png

My 'Settings' settings have all the necessary managed app keys to make Outlook work correctly when I have both 'Auto-Install / Auto-uninstall' and 'Remove with MDM' selected.

According to the screen-tips next to each of the settings above, the way I have it shown should be fine for pushing the user config to an existing Outlook installation and allowing the user to add the coroporate mail profile with one click in Outlook. However, this is not working.

What am I missing?

2 Replies 2
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I wonder if you need Auto-installed checked, you should but there could be a bug. I would open a case with support and see what they say. 

Are there any errors in the devices event log and activity log?

Thanks. I have opened a support case. I'll update here with the results.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels