Issue with apps

CamusIT
Just browsing

Issue with apps

Hello,

We are using MERAKI MDM to monitor and manage our Fleet of Android Smarphone.

Currently i'm experiencing an issue and I don't find out why.
The problem is that, on some devices, some application are auto uninstalling, almost everyday ( maybe every day)
The 3 apps are Facebook, OneDrive and Google maps.

I'm following a device in particular, and almost everyday the apps get uninstalled.

I also saw this on other devices.

The devices are Samsung A41 for 95% of our fleet.

I checked the apps setting and tags for all apps, and apps who get uninstalled, have the same setting of other apps who doesnt uninstall automatically...

In the event log of the device, I'm not sure when the apps are uninstalling, because I don't see "Google Maps got uninstalled"

Any idea?

Thanks,

Best regards

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you got either a whitelist or blacklist configured?

Perhaps try configure an app blacklist - but leave it blank.  That causes all existing apps to be whitelisted.

Also, are you deploying these apps, or are they ones already on the device?  If you are not deploying them, you could also try changing them to managed apps and deploy them.

Hello PhilipDath,

First thanks for your answer. Yes we already have a profile with some  system apps whitelisted ( allowlist if that's what you mean?)

Basically we are using tags: for exemple Travels, social, so devices with these tags have theses apps downloaded and installed. It work for the rest of the apps, but with theses 3, it uninstal them regulary...

For your last question, We already manage them since theses apps are already in our Apps list .

Where i'm lost, is, i'm not sure it''s uninstalling theses apps on every devices, and I don't understand why it's being removed...

Best,

Matthieu

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels