Issue Where Managed Chrome App Crashes While in Kiosk mode

takinson01
New here

Issue Where Managed Chrome App Crashes While in Kiosk mode

Having an odd issue where the Chrome app crashes every time it is launched from Kiosk mode. It seems to only happen when we have the homepage locked to our mobile ERP URL. Once we remove the homepage on launch it stops crashing again. Seems to be specifically a Meraki issue, since the URL is working and Chrome runs fine when unlocked from Kiosk mode.

4 REPLIES 4
PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Does the app crash when the URL is set to something more generic, say https://www.meraki.com

Systems Manager uses standard APIs to set the managed app config, so it's more likely to be a chrome thing. But, let's see. If you could report back with your findings, that would be great.

Yes i can confirm this. We used Google.com.   Current version of Chrome is: 105.0.5195.136

We are having this same issue on a collection of Unitech PA760 devices. We have tried rolling back versions, and we have recently attempted upgrading to Android 10 as well. Chrome continues to crash. 

I can confirm that it does. We are facing the same thing. I have our homepage now set to Google.com. And it still crashes. 

Jeremy789
Here to help

Hi have you seen or heard Any movement on this issue yet?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels