Install a VPP, B2B Enterprise App on Shared Devices without Apple ID

barkeyc
New here

Install a VPP, B2B Enterprise App on Shared Devices without Apple ID

I have a custom B2B / Enterprise application that has been pushed to our VPP account.  The app has been synced with our MDM and I can deploy it to any user that has an Apple ID.  The problem I am facing is I need to deploy this app to shared devices, and I don't want to create Apple ID's for each iPad.

Since this app is not publicly available in the app store I cannot add it to the apps section and I cannot do a device assigned license.  I have the ipa file provided to me by the developer.  When I add iOS enterprise app, it uploads fine.  When I assign it to a device with an Apple ID it fails to install,  If the app gets assigned to a device without an Apple ID, it is not pushed out to the device.

I guess what I would like to know is how does a custom app that has been pushed to my VPP get associated with the Apps section of Meraki so I can deploy it with device assignment.  Is the developer missing something, am I missing something? Perhaps it is not possible and I need to create an Apple ID for each device.

Any help would be awesome.

1 REPLY 1
PeterJames
Head in the Cloud

You need to raise a support case so that the Meraki Support staff can enable Custom B2B apps for you.

I have raised this myself under case 02026279, that the support staff can refer to.

This will then allow you to manually add the Custom B2B app store ID/URL. You can then use Apple VPP for the devices, so you do not need to use an Apple ID per device.

I hope this helps.

Thank you,
Peter James

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels