Email Notifications not Working

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

Email Notifications not Working

Are email notifications on policies working for anyone here or is it just me having issues? I setup a policy to alert me if a licensed app was installed so I can keep an eye on the licensing (Notability @ 10.00 a code)... doesn't seem to send me a notification even when I trigger the install on a tester.

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
jared_f
Kind of a big deal

Email tags seem to seize if I setup the email alert and scope it to "With any of the following" ... auto:iOS

vassallon
Kind of a big deal

@jared_f I haven't tried setting up notifications for App installs but my notifications for iPads joining or leaving networks are working fine.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
jared_f
Kind of a big deal

Seems to be an issue with scoping to auto tags. Sort of a pain, I have a policy to notify me if an iOS device installs a VPN, now my Macbooks are hitting that policy and it is sending me email alerts at every check-in. I am just going to tag all iOS devices and scope to that to see if it resolves it.

Melissa
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

@jared_f - if you use the Tags management page to set a Security Policy, you should be able to set a policy that is device type specific (iOS only), to avoid your macos devices hitting it. 

Does that work?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels