DEP Enrollment Problem - Credentials Not Being Accepted

SOLVED
ansan
Conversationalist

DEP Enrollment Problem - Credentials Not Being Accepted

We are kicking the tires on Systems Manager and have initially set up Android Enterprise with our G Suite Google environment. As part of the Android Enterprise setup, we have to enable user authentication in Systems Manager > General > User Authentication Settings and choose the Google: Sign in with Google.

Android Enterprise is working as expected and we are able to provision those devices without any issues so far.

The issue with DEP that we are experiencing is that when we assign DEP settings to an iOS device and proceed with the enrollment, we are stuck on the Remote Management screen being asked for credentials because we have the user authentications enabled. We are not able to get past this screen with any valid Google credentials. Every attempt results in the following message: Your credentials are either missing or wrong. Try Again.

I could bypass this by disabling user authentication via Google, but then Android Enterprise will not function from what I can see.

Anyone out there using Android Enterprise/Android for Work in Meraki Systems Manager in parallel with DEP? Have you seen this issue? I did open a ticket with support and they initially indicated there may be a problem with DEP that they are working on with Apple, but wanted to see if anyone has this same type of setup and it works for them.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
T1
Building a reputation

If you create an owner account in System Manager > Owners you will be able to authenticate, Google or Azure AD credentials (in our case) don't work here.

I created a separate MDM network for DEP enrolled devices as mentioned above. Don't forget to set this network as default for DEP enrollment.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jared_f
Kind of a big deal

I am 95% sure that G Suite authentication cannot be used with Meraki. While it might be a pain, I would move all your Apple devices into a separate network and disable authentication. 

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
T1
Building a reputation

If you create an owner account in System Manager > Owners you will be able to authenticate, Google or Azure AD credentials (in our case) don't work here.

I created a separate MDM network for DEP enrolled devices as mentioned above. Don't forget to set this network as default for DEP enrollment.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels