DEP Conversation

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

DEP Conversation

Hi All,

I see that there has been a lot of activity about DEP and transfering user data so I wanted to get a discussion going about it. How are you guys/gals doing this?

I am personally having users delete the manual enrolled Meraki profile (to prevent any confusion during restore) and restoring the iCloud backup once their device is moved to DEP. Seems to be working fine for us and has not resulted in data loss. 

They navigate through setup, click "Restore from iCloud" > Sign in with Apple ID > Pick Backup > Let the Device Sync > The device them forces them through DEP > Sign in with AD creds > To Home Screen (Meraki MDM app installs from server)

If there is enough interest I can put together I guide on how to do this!

Jared

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
1 REPLY 1
PavlinH
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello Jared, 

Thank you for submitting this discussion topic. If you put a guide,  I can then forward it to our team and maybe they can include it in our KB article. Speaking of it, have you had a chance to review the KB articles we already have on the topic: HERE and HERE

Thanks,

Pavlin 🙂

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels