Cannot Remove Management Profile

Mopey
New here

Cannot Remove Management Profile

Hi Guys

We have a user that's going to be keeping their Work Phone and using it as a personal device. The Devices are enrolled in Apple Business Manager.

I released the Device through Apple Business Manager and then erased the device using the 'Erase Device' function in Systems Manger. I then deleted the device from Meraki (Which in hindsight was the wrong thing to do).

After the Device Erasure the Meraki Management Profile is still present on the Phone, but there is no 'Remove Management' button to remove the profile. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Josh

2 Replies 2
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Mopey : Check this thread, hope it will help you 

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Mobile-Device-Management/How-to-remove-Meraki-Managment-Profile/m-p/...

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com

Hi Inderdeep,

Just looking at your reply in that Thread. At the time of Erasing the Device DEP was not syncing with Meraki, I fixed this by renewing it this morning. 

Are you saying that now the DEP connection is restored I need to factory reset the phone and then I'll be able to remove all management profiles? The Device was released from Apple Business Manager so will this work?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels