Apps Do Not Auto Install

mrbrettc
Conversationalist

Apps Do Not Auto Install

Hi Guys,

Just testing out Meraki SM for my organisation. We've purchased two brand new Android Enterprise devices and successfully registered them in 'Device Owner' mode. 

I've got all green ticks on the devices on 'Device Administration Enabled', 'SM is the device owner', 'AFW account enabled', 'Location Services Enabled'. So all looks good. I can see them OK in the Meraki dashboard and can see that policies have applied correctly.

However, when I try to deploy an application to the device, nothing happens. I select 'auto install', but it doesn't auto install. In the logs in the dashboard, it says 'Install App xxx', and 'success' - but nothing is actually happening. I've gone in to 'managed apps' in the SM app, and can see the app there, but when I manually click 'install', it just says 'Downloading' (temporary grey message at the bottom of the screen', and then does nothing.

Also, every so often I get 'Unfortunately, Meraki SM has stopped'.

Any ideas? I had high hopes for Meraki SM...

Device is the Acer Iconia One 7, B1-790 (Android 6.0).

Thanks,

Brett

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It sounds like it is failing to download from the "Android Store for Work".  Double check all the Google settings in this article:

https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Deployment_Guides/Android_Enterprise_Deployment_Guide_(Android_f...

Phil,

I got it to work by removing the test application and recreating it. Looks better now, the silent installation is nice.

I'll proceed with testing and see how it goes.

Do you know if auto install is supported on non android enterprise devices? We have a few of those. Our current EMM solution can deploy to these without any issues.

Cheers,

Brett

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Auto install is supported on iOS devices when they are supervised - if that is what you mean.

I mean android devices that do not support afw, running android 5. I did test it previously but couldn't get it to install without end user interaction.

Cheers,

Brett

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels