Apple Push Certificate

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Apple Push Certificate

Quick question, when renewing an Apple push cert will it break things if I change the Apple ID that was used?

4 Replies 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

#brave

Does Apple even allow you to do that?  I would have thought you could only renew a certificate against the original account that was used - but that is pure guesswork.

I kinda remember having run into that situation: our old Apple Cert in a lab environment was thrown into by a guy who left the company. When renewing, I obviously had to also change the Apple ID for that certificate.

Long story short: replacing the cert was not an issue. Unfortunately I can‘t tell if that would have caused problems because it was only our lab without any „always on“ clients. Hope it helps a little bit nonetheless.

beks88
A model citizen

Since you have to click renew on both sides, Apple and Meraki, I would say yes it will break things. But I can't confirm it.

Since you always have to tell which Apple ID had been used for creation the cert is bind to the AppleID aswell.
Is the mail used for this Apple ID a private one or company/school wide?
Maybe give it a try on a different MDM (with some free testing period)?

Check out this KB from G-Suite ^^

https://support.google.com/a/answer/7628860?hl=en

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels