App scoping with multiple VPP accounts

Tapas
Here to help

App scoping with multiple VPP accounts

Hello, I tried to search for this but could not find an answer. If I have School Manager with multiple VPP accounts, how can I choose which account's licenses are used when installing apps in Meraki SM? When adding an app, all of the accounts with licenses are listed, but I can't seem to select which I want to use. All of the devices are in same network. Thank you!

vpp.png

6 REPLIES 6
Tapas
Here to help

Hello again, in Organization -> MDM -> Apple VPP Accounts there is option to limit the "Assignable networks", so if I want to achieve my goal, must I have own network for every school and then I can allow a VPP account per network? This feels a bit overkill..

vassallon
Kind of a big deal

vassallon_0-1615832530981.png

@Tapas I know when I set up an App to push out in a Network you get to choose with account it will pull from. 

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

@Tapas if you have a VPP account for every school you would be better having an entire Meraki Org for every school rather than a network otherwise things will get very messy and confusing quickly. 

@BlakeRichardson Thanks for the reply! What would be the biggest problems or confusions doing this, can you specify?

@vassallon Sorry, I tried to search for this option, where is it at exactly?

vassallon
Kind of a big deal

@Tapas

It is on the App page under import:

vassallon_0-1615905372209.png

Select the option for licensed iOS apps.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels