App on VPP won't install to ipads WITH valid licence

Jacko
Here to help

App on VPP won't install to ipads WITH valid licence

Hi,

bought 3 licences of an app on VPP. However before i realised, it seemed to push out via device enrolment and not VPP user assigned. I since changed the enrollment type in the 'apps' area of SM. But trying to hand out licences to anyone else failed saying they were all taken. One user managed to get the licence the other 2 of the 3 purchased were auto installed onto devices that i simply can't uninstall from (don't know why).

So i bought some more licences, assigned them in VPP and yet when i check against the licensed user it says "Redempton Code Unavailable". None of my other apps say that and i've checked that they are all set to install in the same way .(VPP user assigned).

I wonder if the initial device enrollment has screwed the pooch so to speak, but  i don't know how to reverse it to allow the app to install. I've now bought 8 licences, but only really need 3-4.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Try going:

Systems Manager/Apps

And then on the top right hand corner click "Sync Apps".

Thanks, but there is no 'sync apps' option on the Apps page. There is a VPP dropdown menu with "sync VPP account" option ,but doesn't show my VPP account for some reason.

meraki snip.jpg

Ok,

so i've just logged in from home and since my trial 'full' licence has expired and the grace period has passed its saying that VPP user assignment is only available in the licensed version of SM.

I've been running the Legacy version since 2014 with no issues using VPP user assignment.

When i contacted Meraki using the link provided they told me that NOTHING had been removed from the legacy version.

Well.....that's BS for a start. As the ability to assign apps via VPP has

What a rip!!! not happy about this.

Oh my, so i've been royally shafted by Cisco on this.

My Legacy licence entitled me to 100 devices with the same features as the enterprise licence for free. Any more and i'm supposed to pay.

However with 200 devices licensed looks like this wasn't picked up by Cisco (the Security Experts?????).

So above 100 devices and you have to buy licences at £28 per device per annum. But NOT just for the surplus after the free 100, for ALL of them. Makes no sense to me.

If i trim my devices down to 150, its still over £5k pa, all because they ballsed up and i simply trialed the other features to see if i really needed them, which i don't. But now they won't restore my legacy licence retrospectively.

Its not like i was trying to get something for free. Once i'd gone over my 100 devices, surely the software or someone should have advised me at the time and i could have made an informed decision. Now i'm stuck with something i'd invested in with the VPP purchases, but without the budget to allow for a £5k spend just to use it the way i'd been using it previously.

Not happy 😞

They'll not win customers this way.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I think you need to take some responsibility for your own actions here.

You were using a product that gave you 100 licences for free.  It seems you abused Cisco Meraki's good will and put 200 devices on the system - and then you somehow think it is Cisco Meraki's fault for you abusing the system.

And somehow you now think it is Cisco Meraki's fault that you have to pay for a commercial product.

About the only hope I can offer is to consider getting a 5 year licence, as that has a much greater discount than the annual licencing.

Whilst i thank you for the reply, i knew someone wouldn't read my post properly.

Abuse implies deliberate misuse. I had no idea i was using it out of licence terms. I signed up in 2014, if i ever did read their T&C's i certainly don't remember them 3 years later.

My reseller has already told me that i shouldn't have even been allowed to have the extra devices using the enterprise level features, so Cisco have missed this somehow, and thus failed to inform me. So the shock of losing half of my functionality without warning after trialling extra features that i since deemed not needed, is what's got my goat.

Don't mind paying for services, the but this bombshell certainly wasn't budgeted for.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels