Android with Exchange Active Sync

RaPo
Comes here often

Android with Exchange Active Sync

Hello everyone,

I have an issue with Android devices (Samsung  / Samsung Knox) and pushing Exchange Active Sync profile.

We use AD authentication during enrollment. 

I pushed the same EAS profile the same way like for iOS devices (here it works properly), but this doesn´t work (and I do not know which preinstalled Mail app should be the correct one Samsung or Gmail)

I tried pushing Gmail and configured managed app, but I´m not able to configure user properly as Domain\$username$ and Domain\%username% both not working.

I tried pushing Samsung Email with Active Sync profile but without any success.

Please let me know how to configure EAS with Android devices.

And on top - does anybody use SMIME with Android? How con this be configured?

Thanks in Advance for any tip or HowTo 

Kind regards

Ralf

2 REPLIES 2
RaPo
Comes here often

Hello everyone,

some additional information...

Yesterday I was able to deploy Samsung S7 with Knox and Exchange active sync. 

But I would like to deploy Android for Work for BYOD with EAS. Is this possible? I need to do that because otherwise the users with BYOD have to configure a complex password they have to type in even they´re using the private part of the device. With AFW they would only require the pw for the work part. Therefore I Need a way to push an Email app configured as described below with Gmail as an example.

How could this be done for non Samsung Android devices?

Kind regards

Ralf

RaPo
Comes here often

Hello all,

I found the solution and want to share it.

I push Gmail and configure Managed app Settings. I had to change the 

Email Domain Name settings in the User authentication Settings for AD authentication.

Now everything works fine.

Thanks

Ralf

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels