Android WiFi Profile in 'Work profile (BYOD)'

wperry1
Here to help

Android WiFi Profile in 'Work profile (BYOD)'

I have been fortunate enough to only need to support iPhones for a number of years but now find myself with a number of Android devices coming into my environment. I have managed to get the management, mail, and Anyconnect VPN configured but I seem to be stuck on WiFi.

We are using 802.1x authentication and have been authenticating iOS devices for a while without issue.

I can see the WiFi profile and certificate on the SM app configuration tab but it looks like it is trapped inside the work container. Am I missing something? Is there a configuration flag somewhere that will allow this device to connect to WiFi via the managed configuration?

Thank you,

WP

1 REPLY 1
mer_tech01
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hi wperry1,

As per the documentation Wi-Fi configuration can only be configured in Device Owner mode. This will not work or BYOD devices. Try enrolling a test device in Device Owner mode and see if it helps.

https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Device_Enrollment/Android_Enrollment#Feature_Comparison

-- mer_tech01

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels