Android Version 7+ QR code not scanning

tpeterson79
Conversationalist

Android Version 7+ QR code not scanning

I've tried this a few different Android tablets.  The camera is not recognizing the QR code for the Android Version 7+.  When I try the older Android 6+ if gives me an error, but the other does nothing.  Do these need to be updated?  The tablets do come preloaded with Android 10.  Feels as it should be an easy fix.  I can manually install the MDM profile.

3 Replies 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I've not had any issues myself recently.  The last one I did was a Samsung tablet and a Samsung phone.

You might find it can't read it off the screen you are using and need a higher contrast screen like a monitor (rather than a notebook screen), or perhaps there is too much sun on the screen (displaying the QR code) or something like that.

I also experienced that the QR code of 7+ is especially difficult to recognize.
Sometimes we can take shot the QR code visible throughout the mobile device screen.
Alternatively, we used the method of printing this QR code and scanning the QR code on the paper.
Why don't you print it out?

It was my monitors, another co worker was able to do it, mine are older and had issues reading the code.  It was a bit weird but good reason to get new and bigger monitors finally.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels