Add Icons to Custom Apps!

Melissa
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Add Icons to Custom Apps!

Hi everyone!

We just released the ability to add icons to custom apps in dashboard.  Once you've uploaded the custom app/script and saved it, click back in and select the Details, Edit button, like this below:

Screen Shot 2018-03-06 at 9.13.51 AM.png

From there, you'll see the option to upload an icon, like this:

Screen Shot 2018-03-06 at 9.12.42 AM.png

@AsimSyed - I think this is what you were asking for recently!

8 REPLIES 8
AsimSyed
Here to help

Yes it was! Thanks for letting me know @Melissa

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Awesome, that will help settle my OCD. Its something small but VERY useful if you have a large app list having the icon make things just that little bit quicker. 

Thanks!

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

Thanks @Melissa. Just a question: When I have been creating packages that are either scripts or installing applications in /Library I notice that Meraki never picks it up as installed, so the package just gets installed every time at checkin? Is this a known issue or am I the only one seeing this.

Thanks!

Jared

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
Melissa
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hi @jared_f! I think the bottom of this article should help (below). Let me know if it doesn't!!

https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Apps_and_Software/Deploying_Scripts_in_Systems_Manager_using_Sof...

Screen Shot 2018-03-06 at 4.08.21 PM.png

MikeBeale
Comes here often

I'm not having any luck at adding an icon to a custom Android app.

No matter what I put in the Icon URL box I just get the standard Android icon 2019-06-18 09_48_34-Apps - Meraki Dashboard.png

I've uploaded an icon to our public facing website and put in the URL.

I've tried various paths in the Android apk with different slashes etc -

\Resources\drawable\splash_logo.png

@mipmap/ic_launcher

What do I need to put into the Icon URL box?

Thanks,

Mike

I've had another look at this and noticed something using the network tab in Firefox developer tools.

If I simply put an image filename in, e.g. applogo.jpg, it will try to load the image from the Meraki servers with a URL like this:

https://n110.meraki.com/(our-company-name)/n/NskerdUb/manage/configure/apps/applogo.jpg

Obviously this does not exists, and shows the default Android logo as in my previous post.

Do I have to upload the icon to the dashboard somewhere?  I've had a look around but not found anywhere to do this.

I'd like to get this working as we'll soon have another custom Android app to put on the dashboard and they will both have the same icon!

Thanks,

Mike

Another quick update, this appears to be an issue using Firefox.

The Icon URL box is set to a URL on our public facing website.  Firefox shows the default Android icon as above, but Chrome & IE show the correct custom icon.

I'm getting this error in Safari: Screen Shot 2020-01-05 at 4.59.29 pm.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels