ActiveSync payload for Office 365 email - IOS / iPad

jt980
Just browsing

ActiveSync payload for Office 365 email - IOS / iPad

Hello, we just moved from in house Exchange to Office 365.  All of our iPad clients lost connection to ActiveSync.  We are trying to build an new profile, but the ActiveSync is asking for information we don't have.  Meraki support was unable to help.  I find it completely ridiculous that no one at Meraki knows how to setup Office 365 on a ActiveSync profile, but that is what I was told.  I found the OAuth setting but have no idea what values to put in the 2 fields.  Also, at the top, it is asking for a server name, which we don't have any more - we are now in the cloud.  Has anyone been able to setup an ActiveSync email profile using MFA with Office 365?  If so, any hints?

5 Replies 5
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I would change to using Outlook for iOS.  The Outlook integration with Office 365 is waaaay better than the built-in iOS mail client.

There is almost nothing to configure then.  A user only needs to enter their email address and password.  Nothing else is needed.

jt980
Just browsing

Hi PhilipDAth, thanks for the reply!  That is a great idea and I will do some testing - I have not use Outlook for iOS yet.  Thanks for the input!

kless
Here to help

We simply use "outlook.office365.com" as the value for "Exchange host". As @PhilipDAth mentions you don't need this when using Outlook. In our deployment we allow both, so users can choose the one they prefer (users have diverse opinions about them!).

PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I've included my entire Exchange profile for you below. As you'll see, there's actually very little in there:

Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 4.31.41 PM.png

PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

This works with Cisco's Office 365 mail, and has for years

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels