AUTO INSTALL ANDROID APP

Godwin
New here

AUTO INSTALL ANDROID APP

Hello,

Please, i am kinda new to this software....Please, how can i install an app on my android device from the software platform....
i have been able to sync the device, but when i try to install an app, i have to click on install button on my android device when i get the notification.

Please, how can i make the automation?

Regards.

13 REPLIES 13
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you want to be able to deploy apps without user intervention on Android you must put the device into Device Owner mode.

https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Deployment_Guides/Android_Enterprise_Deployment_Guide_(Android_f...

If you think this is tricky - wait till you have to do an Apple device.

Hello,

Many thanks for the reply. I have added the device to the Device Owner mode. But i noticed that i can push the applications to the devices, but i have to manually click the install button on the device.

Please, is there a way to automate this process for meraki to install the applications after pushing it??

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This usually happens when the "Adroid for Work" account is not properly installed on the device.  Go into the Systems Manager app on the device, and make sure the "Afw Account" has a green tick next to it.  Otherwise select the option in the App to re-entoll the Afw account,

Many thanks for the reply.

i have checked the systems manager but could not find "Afw Account".

Please, how do i go about adding Afw Account??

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Go into the Systems Manager app on the phone.  Click on the "Ham Burger" menu on the top left.  Select configuration.

The Afw account will show there and should have a green tick.  If not, click on it to make it re-register the account.

I dont see to get the Afw account thing.

Screenshot_2017-10-17-21-03-33.pngI am attaching a screenshot of how my Systems Manager dashboard looks like.....

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What version of Android is this?

Android Version 4.4.4

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Ohh, that is very old.  Android for Work is not supported on that.  That will limit your options a lot.  I'm not sure how you can progress this.

Ooh shit .....that means I have to update my Samsung tablet.

Please, do you know how I can do an update and what version do android for work support??

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I think it was added [partly] in Android 5.  But I would get an Android 6 or 7 device.

Do you know a way of updating Android OS?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The manufacturer of the device usually includes an update tool.  Some manufacturers allow you to download newer software.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels