Rise of the Dead Air Army

Rise of the Dead Air Army

larry-home.jpg

I had an issue where in order for me to control the inflation and deflation of all 50+ of my holiday inflatables that it required multiple circuit breakers independent on one another along with smart outlets to be able to inflate and deflate them as needed.  Setting a timer for them inflating and deflating (basically turning the power on/off) was easy to do in the smart outlet app from my phone.  One issue is only I can do it from that app from my phone and if my significant other or someone else needs to inflate or deflate, they do not have access.  This becomes a bigger issue when wind speeds increase to over 15mph and can damage the inflatables thus desiring to deflate them as necessary.  To accomplish this now I had 7 different smart outlets to go and manually turn off/on if I had to intervene immediately. 

The basic purpose of the project was find a way to simultaneously inflate and deflate my inflatable army at the same time that could be done by anyone just by pushing a button.  Using the Meraki MT30 connected via Meraki MV to monitor the area, I used a connection with IFTTT to trigger and connect my smart outlets to an action (like a button being pushed) from the MT30.  Now i can raise my army whenever I need them do defend me in battle!

MS gnome and MV gnome were here — they've been safely returned home!MS gnome and MV gnome were here — they've been safely returned home!

Comments
Jamieinbox
Getting noticed

This is one of the most awesome things I've EVER SEEN!!

van604
Getting noticed

what a fun project, and to to have a great holiday spirit to show for it.  wicked use of tech