Sensor Data on the MS Summary Page

ShawnHu
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Sensor Data on the MS Summary Page

sensor data on MS summary.png

The MT Environmental Table allows MS users to proactively identify issues in their environment by viewing MT sensor data on their MS Summary page.
  • Assigning an MT10, MT14, or MT15 to see the ambient temperature where the switch is installed.
  • Assigning an MT12 to check if there’s any water detected.
  • Assigning an MT40 to monitor input power metrics for switches.

To locate a list of MS switches with sensors associated, log into the demo platforms. Once logged in, navigate to Organization > Overview > Devices and search for 'Sensors' to identify the MS switches with the sensor data.

For how to set this up in your environment, please refer to the documentation.

8 Replies 8
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Looking forward to seeing the switch data alongside the sensors, good stuff!

txhomer
Here to help

Cool stuff.  Can a sensor only be assigned to 1 switch at a time?  I tried to assign a sensor to multiple switches but it seems like it only sticks with the last assigned.

I noticed the same thing today. We’re looking into it to confirm whether that’s expected behavior or a bug. 

Thanks Ryan!

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Ah, that sucks.  I'd gone through and assigned them all...  Hopefully it is a bug as it is essentially useless otherwise 🤬

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Me too. Will update the thread when I find out more.

@cmr Looks like maybe this is fixed? I just assigned the same 4 Sensors to 2 Switches and it seems to have saved correctly. Can you give it a try on your side and confirm?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Excellent, thanks @Ryan_Miles it is fixed for me as well.  Now that's good service!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.