Unique client identifier

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Unique client identifier

Has anyone got Unique client identifier to work properly?

We now have two sites with Meraki full stack (MRs, L3 stack of MSs and HA pair of MXs) and neither work properly.  Both miss several clients somewhat randomly though when you go to the client itself the data is being captured.

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I've only used it on some of my larger sites.  It seems to work fine - but I wouldn't notice if a couple of clients didn't show up.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@PhilipDAth on the site I tried this week it wasn't a few clients that were missing:

All - 45 clients

switch only - 870 clients

Reverted to MAC and now all shows hundreds of clients.

Our MXs are connected via a single transit VLAN to the MSs with all inter-VLAN routing occurring there, perhaps this is the issue, are the sites that you have trunking VLANs to the MSs?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I just checked three of my UID customers (all set up the same way with a single transit VLAN).

2 of them were correct.  1 showed the same anomaly with client count as you showed.

I'm going to have a think about what could be the possible difference between the working and non-working.  They are all running similar firmware versions.

The working ones were using MX250s and MS250s for their L3 routing.  The one that didn't work was using MX100 and MS350-24Xs.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Thanks @PhilipDAth the two I have that don't work both have MX100s... running 15.41 when I last tested, one on 15.42 now but in Mac mode.

One has an MS210 L3 stack and the other has a MS355-48X stack (both running 12.32)

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.