Stock Levels

Sanderan
Here to help

Stock Levels

Anyone else having issues with timelines for Meraki Firewall Appliances? Just got a 47 week lead time on a Meraki MX-85...

10 REPLIES 10
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Some products do have very extended lead times. This has been an issue for many months now and not just for Cisco, but many companies. Cars are in high demand/short supply, months long backorder on refrigerators and dishwashers, etc.

That said it's not impacting all models. I show the MX95 &105 being readily available. Perhaps work with your reseller and see if a MX95 would meet the needs/can be negotiated to a reasonable price for you. If it has to be the 85 unfortunately there's no getting around the delay.

I have asked our reseller to provide pricing on the MX-95. There is however a huge price jump between the two models.

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @Sanderan , I would also involve your Meraki AM at this point to see if you can have further discount applied to the MX95. Worth a shot.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

Hello @DarrenOC. I have reached out and awaiting feedback. Hopefully they come to the party

Thank you 🙂

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm telling my customers as they order things now to expect lead times of around 6 months - and that is a guess because of the global issues.  It might turn up earlier, it might turn up later.

NiSystems
Comes here often

I also order an MX85 for my customer.  Could not replace the old unit under warranty as it was a lightning strike. I have ordered a new one and the customer have to wait until November for a new one. We are going to lose Meraki customers. Don't know if I should continue to promote Meraki to my customers.  Also, the customer has purchased a licence that he can't utilize. Very unhappy customer.

Izak van der Sandt

This might be a good opportunity to talk about redundancy.  Sell them a second MX85.  They only need to buy the hardware (no licence) when used as a warm spare.

The cost of the extra MX85 will seem like cheap insurance now.

No MX85 stock is available in South Africa. The customer placed the order for the second MX I cannot deliver. Luckily I sold him a second MX in January. The only thing now is he has no failover.

Izak van der Sandt
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Same issue with all Vendors although I seem to be able to get stock of Apple laptops pretty easily although being a priority customer helps. 

RumorConsumer
Head in the Cloud

Wanting to buy an MX75 and it’s saying almost a whole year lead time…

Networking geek since high school where I got half of a CCNA. Played Marathon II and Infinity over localtalk.
Made many a network over the years, now de facto admin of a retreat center with some of this fine Meraki hardware.
Fortune 100 Tech veteran/refugee.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.