OID for MS switches for V3

Krewal
Here to help

OID for MS switches for V3

Hi,

I am trying to setup decent monitoring on our MS devices with use of PRTG. As some of you might now, Meraki got tricky support for the SNMP, not even talking about the flows.

It will be set up within SNMP V3 version (unless there is no big security discrepancy between V2 & V3 in Meraki case). For me, there is no difference if the information is being pulled from the dashboard or locally. Most of the PRTG sensors do not support V3 with Meraki - authentication issues, even though PRTG SNMP tester got successful queries, except there is no "such object" for the particular requests (V2 seems to be working).  In this case, I need to create custom sensors based on the OID's.

In the Meraki Article  https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Monitoring_and_Reporting/SNMP_Overview_and_...

it is sad that "Meraki devices support the majority of OIDs located within the subset of the following MIBs: SNMPv2-MIB .1.3.6.1.2.1.1"

Unfortunately, this is V2 technology. Does someone know the official list of the V3 supported OIDs? That would be a great help! Also maybe there are other things I should approach differently? Let me know! 

1 REPLY 1
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I would give up now on that approach.  It is particularly difficult and you are not likely to get what you want.

You would be better off using the Meraki RESTful API and writing a custom sensor in PRTG.

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Other_Topics/The_Cisco_Meraki_Dashboard_API

PRTG does have a RESTful sensor as well.  I didn't get anywhere with that (because you need to add a custom header element).  It became easier to just write custom sensors.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.