MX64W - Connection was reset, web site fails then loads, poor website access performance

ITway
Conversationalist

MX64W - Connection was reset, web site fails then loads, poor website access performance

We have many MX64s out there, some of our users are having an issue where websites are very slow to load, sometimes they fail to load with the connection was reset error.  The user gets this error and then the page will load eventually.   The same users are also reporting very slow website access.  When the user connects via the Cisco Anywhere VPN client performance is much better and has no issues browsing the web.

error.png

9 Replies 9
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you running version 17.10.1? If yes it's a bug. 

Downgrade to version 16.16.6

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
ITway
Conversationalist

Running 17.10 , do you have any links to the bug report?

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

We have another discussion opening, same issue with version 17.10.1 and 17.10.2. We have opened a support case but with no response yet.

I also tested both versions.

Downgrade for version 16.16.6

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
ITway
Conversationalist

Hello I see 17.10.2 is now latest stable release, do you know if there has been any fixes resolved on the above issue?  

I guess they went ahead and released 17.10.2 anyway and I'm having the same issue at two of my client sites that upgraded a few weeks ago. Sigh. MX64W: LAN is fine, wifi is trash.

ITway
Conversationalist

Trying turning off content filtering on the MX64

BrianMorris_0-1676419082624.png

I connected a WAP and it works perfectly fine, as well as the wired clients, so I'm not sure how content filtering would be affecting just built-in wifi. I did notice that the retries get so high for some reason. I think that's the problem here -- something in the firmware that is messed up and causing high retries.

I have a Z3 teleworker with templates on 17.10.2:
All outgoing http and https was blocked (ping OK, DNS OK). 
Getting webpages with curl -> curl: (56) Recv failure: Connection was reset

Removig all Content Filtering fixed the Problem.

I was able to work around the problem yesterday by adding an Omada access point and it works perfectly. Ugh. I think the content filtering issue is a distinct issue.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.