Is it possible to have a more granular view for the bandwidth utilization (upload/download)?

CCTDEB
New here

Is it possible to have a more granular view for the bandwidth utilization (upload/download)?

We would like to see a really detailed bandwidth utilization report for upload and download. Is there a way to get a report like that via the Meraki Dashboard?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
WadeAlsup
A model citizen

Hi @CCTDEB

I think this sort of depends on what details within the utilization you're looking for. Under Network-wide > Traffic analytics, you can filter for your Security Appliance and see pretty detailed usage by application. Are there specific utilization details that you're looking for?  

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below) and If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution 🙂
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What kind of detail do you want that you don't have now?

lpopejoy
A model citizen

You should see this as different chart colors on the Appliance Status-> Uplink page.  UNLESS you have two WAN ports, then you lose the real time view of upload/download broken out separately, sadly. 

You can also click on an individual client and see the upload / download separately on the client detail page.

Overall, I think better real time visibility (something like iftop on linux) is one of the huge missing pieces on Meraki MX.  I've been asking for it for years.

Yes, you have good visibility when looking over a larger time span, but what if you want to see RIGHT NOW.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.