Facebook App Manager

Crandall982
New here

Facebook App Manager

My employer has Meraki system installed in my personal android phone so it is easier to access my work email and other files. For the past several days, Facebook App Manager has been constantly trying to install an update. I took my phone to my employer's IT department. They don't know why it's trying to install an update since my employer doesn't push Facebook in the Meraki system. My phone doesn't even have the Facebook app in the Meraki system. I do have Facebook on my phone in general so we uninstalled Facebook. It still tried to install the update. I then reinstalled Facebook and it is still trying to install the update. I've tried to figure out how to force stop or disable the app to make it stop but I can't seem to find the right thing. I've also turned off the phone for awhile and restarted it several time to no avail. As a last resort, IT employer suggested I do a factory restart but I don't want to do that unless I have to. Any ideas? 

4 REPLIES 4
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Crandall982  when you say you have Meraki installed on your device do you mean its been setup inside system manager using a profile or you simply have the system manager app installed?

I personally would never use Systems Manager on someones personal device. 

It is set up inside system manager using a profile. My phone is an android phone.

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

What kind of phone?

if android maybe this helps: https://m.facebook.com/help/messenger-app/129036164155615?helpref=hc_fnav

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)

I tried it but it didn't work. Disabled both facebook app installer and facebook app manager and it is still trying to download an update.

I think because I have them disabled on my phone as the regular app but the system is trying to download it through Meraki profile.

And it is an android phone. Sorry I didn't include that in my original post.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.