Can Meraki shut down groups they disagree with?

bnatech
New here

Can Meraki shut down groups they disagree with?

I have a client that is interested in Meraki products, but is concerned, after the Parler situation, that they could have their whole network shut down if they get into political controversy that Cisco/Meraki doesn't agree with. I am curious if anyone has read any documentation or T&C's on their policies that may give them a loophole to do as they choose. I am not interested in a political debate here, just curious if anyone has had other clients inquire, and if they have any information that guarantees that these clients' networks will not be shut down due to controversy.

3 Replies 3
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

That’s pretty interesting to consider. I suppose any cloud service or internet access could be shut down, disrupted or compromised at any time. A bad actor, attach, political pressure, business decision, etc. 

I wouldn’t  be any more concerned then I would about gmail or Facebook or something like going away. 

if you have a unique application where you absolutely cannot rely on internet connectivity or even the best in class, redundant data center design then Meraki might not be a good choice. I can imagine some unique business applications whew I would never consider Meraki. 

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Seriously? From my point of view, the answer is really simple: Parler was shut down because they violated AWS terms and services „simply“ because they acted as an external facing platform.

In which case would such a platform have a connection to Meraki? Well, perhaps someone could host nasty stuff behind an (v)MX, but what would Meraki have to do with this? Like @BrandonS said: if I was worried about being „censored“, I‘d think about completely different things then.

On the other hand, this sounds like an „interesting“ customer. Don‘t want to get into that political discussion either.

I would have thought a private customer hosting their own platform provided its not containing illegal content would be fine. I don't think Meraki would be monitoring end users traffic although I could be wrong. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.