searching for device serial numbers

nuo
Getting noticed

searching for device serial numbers

It seems that when searching for an MDM enrolled device by serial number, there are some bridges to cross.

•  Pick the right spot to search 
  • Add the serial number column 

Is there a field which will allow searching for device serial numbers globally on a network / multiple of networks?

Meraki developers if you look at these threads then perhaps having a global search option would be helpful / if there is a global search location, please let me know.

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Alas you can only search within a network.  Not across networks.

You could do it via scripting which will make it less labour intensive:

2019-04-02 22_16_51-Meraki Dashboard API.png

https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/897512/meraki-dashboard-api/2To9xm#17b33399-d50e-45fd-b1ac-a9...

Being able to search all serial numbers across multiple would networks would be a great addition. Pretty time consuming to hunt around -- seems like it should be easy enough to add a view that includes Device list in the View all networks option under NETWORK.

Darrell

schulte
Conversationalist

How about this?

Systems Manager > Manage > DEP

I am able search for any serial number within the Apple Device Enrollment Program view. The devices list has Location (network) in the results. Beats searching every network one by one. I can work with this.

Darrell

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels