Meraki Management now easily removable under iOS 11.

SOLVED
Brian_M
Conversationalist

Meraki Management now easily removable under iOS 11.

I just had a "what the heck" moment with iOS 11.
On iOS 11 - going to Settings / General / Device Management / Meraki Management / on the bottom in red is "Remove Management" and it works!
If you go to the same area in iOS 10.3.3, removal is not there as expected.  This is a big problem.   Anyone know how to change this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Brian_M
Conversationalist

This is a non-issue. Completely my fault by not having the correct DEP settings. Please delete if possible. I'm very sorry.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
PeterJames
Head in the Cloud

I purposely left all my iOS devices at work to avoid the late night tinker. This would also be a major concern for us also if this is the case.

Are your devices DEP enrolled and supervised?

Thank you,
Peter James

Yes to both questions.  Before the update, removing management was not an option as it is now.

PeterJames
Head in the Cloud

We utilise SingleApp Mode, to prevent the user leaving our single app. But my concern here are stolen device, with the Meraki profile removable it makes the device valuable after the fact.

Thank you,

Peter James

PeterJames
Head in the Cloud

I would highly recommend to set up an Alert to monitor this until it is checked/resolved/fixed.

Thank you,
Peter James

Brian_M
Conversationalist

This is a non-issue. Completely my fault by not having the correct DEP settings. Please delete if possible. I'm very sorry.

I am glad you got to the bottom of it.

Thank you,
Peter James

i added the devices to DEP using the new ios11 feature via apple configurator.  i then reset the device and deployed it with the DEP.  However I still see remove management, is this due to the 30 day grace period I think there is when adding a device to DEP via apple configutator?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels