v0 Dashboard End of Life - X-Cisco-Meraki-API-Key

Prodrick
Building a reputation

v0 Dashboard End of Life - X-Cisco-Meraki-API-Key

Is it a correct assumption that this v0 authentication method will cease to function on Thursday, February 1st, even if using this method with v1 endpoints?

X-Cisco-Meraki-API-Key

Reference: (Troubleshooting Section)

https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api/authorization/#obtaining-your-meraki-api-key

7 Replies 7
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, from now on you should use V1.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Prodrick
Building a reputation

I am aware that v0 end of life is this week, I'm asking more about this specific authentication method that worked for v0 and v1.  

What will stop responding are calls to V0, the authentication method remains the same.  😉

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Prodrick
Building a reputation

I suppose we’ll find out in a few days. I’m referring to this specific statement:

check that your API call has the correct header with the following (and not v0's X-Cisco-Meraki-API-Key)

Authorization: Bearer {API_KEY}“

As described you have to use the JASON call from V1.

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Developers-APIs/Dashboard-API-v0-End-of-Support-Sunset-amp-Grace-Per...

diablo24
Building a reputation

@Prodrick- Thanks for asking this question. I was wondering the same thing and if what @alemabrahao is saying is true. That means we never have to change using "X-Cisco-Meraki-API-Key" to "Authorization" : "Bearer " <API Key>

Prodrick
Building a reputation

We include both methods just in case

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.