errors': ['Subnet and appliance IP cannot be blank.

damienleick
Getting noticed

errors': ['Subnet and appliance IP cannot be blank.

Hi

I encounter a problem. I would like to update a VLAN and I have this error :

2020-07-16 11:17:42       meraki:    DEBUG > {'tags': ['VLANs'], 'operation': 'updateNetworkVlan', 'method': 'PUT', 'url': '/networks/L_TESTTESTTESTTEST/vlans/610', 'json': {'subnet': '10.240.14.0/25', 'applianceIp': '10.240.14.1', 'fixedIpAssignments': {'aa:aa:aa:aa:aa:aa': {'ip': '10.240.14.40', 'name': 'PPTTEST'}}}}
2020-07-16 11:17:42 urllib3.connectionpool:    DEBUG > https://api-mp.meraki.com:443 "PUT /api/v0/networks/L_TESTTESTTESTTEST/vlans/610 HTTP/1.1" 400 None
2020-07-16 11:17:42       meraki:    ERROR > VLANs, updateNetworkVlan - 400 Bad Request, {'errors': ['Subnet and appliance IP cannot be blank.']}

Any idea why ?

thanks

5 REPLIES 5
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Does the device have VLANs enabled?

Yes, It's a network bound to a template

I think I see one too many opening braces { in the DEBUG output. If that's the case, it would confuse the interpreter about where to look for the subnet/applianceIp params.

Packetmike
Comes here often

For anyone interested in the answer, and who stumbles across this thread like I did when trying to fix the same problem....

I can replicate this error message when I try to update a templated networks IP addresses to IP addresses that already exist on another network within the organisation. 

So the fix is to try updating the templated network to a different set of IPs.....or delete the conflicting subnet on the other network. 

Seems like the error message could be more clear, then. You can ask Support to improve that!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.