bad gateway while getting network client events

Ozgur
Here to help

bad gateway while getting network client events

I'm trying to get network client events through the dashboard api. Most of the time, the request returns a 502 response after waiting around 60 seconds. Other times, it returns the response in around 1 second. I've tried with different values of "perPage" parameter and the result is the same. 

Anyone having a similar issue?

14 REPLIES 14
Nash
Kind of a big deal

I tested this on the following shards, with tries over about 15 minutes just in case:

n205 (502 - bad gateway repeatedly)

n10 (success)

n218 (502 - bad gateway repeatedly)

On the 502 shards, getOrganizationNetworks and getNetworkClients work just fine. No issues at all.

But getNetworkClientEvents timed out over multiple tries. Attempts were between 0255 - 0310 UTC.

BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

Bad gateway on n248 and n270 too it seems.

Time for someone to open a support case.

I did. They're investigating.

Nash
Kind of a big deal

Thank you for doing the hard part, @Ozgur 

bly
Here to help

Can confirm we started seeing these errors on shard n185 today during a deployment.

We started receiving HTTP 502 errors beginning at UTC 2020-01-29T23:52:36.8973977Z.

Further attempts started working around 2020-01-30T06:29:40.0682225Z UTC - so it would have been fixed sometime between those two times.

Hope this helps - I've also logged a case.

Seshu
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello @bly @Ozgur @Nash @PhilipDAth @BrechtSchamp 

Let me know if you are still seeing any failed replies. Also, please let me know the ticket number. I can check the case and bug status and give an update on this thread.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meraki Team

Im also getting repeated 502 bad gateways. have been since mid last week... anyone else have updates?

Sorry its been a while but I hadn't seen the messages here. This is my case number: 

It seems that this endpoint might have these issues by design, and it will be deprecated in favor of "network events" endpoint.

OYVIND
New here

Im having the same issue when using getNetworkClientTrafficHistory

https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api/#/rest/api-endpoints/clients/get-network-client-traffic-histo...

some of the clients show up on the Meraki dashboard with traffic. However, when trying to get the data, I get "502 bad gateway". 

Note that this works for most clients. 

BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

@Seshu Well I didn't open a ticket as I was just trying to help @Ozgur . I can tell you that the issue is still there for me though.

@bly and @Ozgur , I think you opened cases, can you share the case IDs with @Seshu ?

Same for me since today I m getting lot's of 502 errors. I never had those before, when I run the program again, most of the time they disappear but it's ennoying.

ClusterNet
Here to help

I am also seeing these errors occur. Has there been any update on either a fix or workaround??

hi. I managed to work around this by using the startingAfter parameter (although documentation says that client should not use this). It seems that if I don't do it, Meraki will try to do a full extract. Some of the clients with highest traffic causes it to crash

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.