backups

Solved
Adrian4
A model citizen

backups

I know there have been a few topics on this subject and the consensus is generally if you want a full site backup (in the form of a config file of settings) you need to individually run get calls for all the different things you want recorded.

However, I noticed when creating a new network, you have the option to clone an existing site - and this clone option seems to be a pretty comprehensive clone of everything.

So the API has the ability to copy all settings in a single API call, I was just wondering if there was a way to retrieve those settings as data rather than creating a new network?

thanks,

1 Accepted Solution
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

No - unfortunately not everything configured in the Dashboard is handled by generation of an (internal) API call.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

No - unfortunately not everything configured in the Dashboard is handled by generation of an (internal) API call.

ah, so even though you can trigger it via API, the work it actually does is not integrated into the API system? 

😞

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Not sure what you're suggesting is triggered via the API?   Cloning Networks is a Dashboard operation - it doesn't involve the API.

I think the API call being alluded to is https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/#!create-organization-network passing in copyFromNetworkId with an appropriate value. Either way, neither functionality allows retrieval of all the entities created. The only way to back things up is to make the individual API calls.

yea that's exactly what I was using. I had a faint hope that the settings that were copied would be available as data but never mind lol.

Thanks!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.