api v1 support for MX/Z wifi management

Solved
tech_monkey
Conversationalist

api v1 support for MX/Z wifi management

We currently use api v0 since it includes support for managing wireless on integrated devices such as Z1/Z3's. With the depreciation announcement we are starting to plan the replacement for this automation. However it appears there is no replacement for these endpoints.

Specifically in v0: 

https://api.meraki.com/api/v0/networks/{{networkId}}/ssids/<ssid>

When calling the wireless specific endpoints in v1 I see the following when calling with the python module.

meraki.exceptions.APIError: wireless, getNetworkWirelessSsids - 400 Bad Request, {'errors': ['This endpoint only supports wireless networks']}

Under the Appliance section of the api documentation I don't see any wireless management endpoints. Am I missing something? Or are there additional endpoints in the near term that are coming to make V1 a full replacement for the features built out in V0?

There is discussion here still pointing to v0 endpoints as well.

1 Accepted Solution
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

v1 has support for this in beta right now. I don't have a timeline for when it will go GA in v1. But for now you can continue to use v0 as that won't be sunset until August.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

v1 has support for this in beta right now. I don't have a timeline for when it will go GA in v1. But for now you can continue to use v0 as that won't be sunset until August.

That is excellent news! That will give us something to work off of to update our tooling.

Thank you

tech_monkey
Conversationalist

FWIW, currently when I pull this endpoint looking at a Z3 network I don't receive a response. When pulling all SSID's as well as each individual ssid number.

Thanks

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.