What is best way to test Location and scanning API?

shan_k
New here

What is best way to test Location and scanning API?

Currently I am working on PoC on warehousing with Location and Scanning data using Meraki. I came across Meraki Sandbox. In Sandbox I activated "Meraki Small Business" sandbox. But i could configure Location and Scanning settings but I am not getting any data or api calls. I asked help and they are saying there is "no APs Online" whereas I selected 4-5 out of the list that we have in device. I am not sure what am I missing. Could you please guide me like steps that I need to configure in order to get it running? I just need it to send data to API so that I will be able to take it further to warehouse and start reporting on it.

2 Replies 2
JosRus
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi shan_k!

I would recommend starting off by validating the scanning API calls themselves are working first, before troubleshooting their integration via Meraki Sandbox.

The validation can be performed with any HTTP server configured to receive JSON objects which returns the organization-specific validator as detailed in the introduction guide.

Also important to note are the differences between the V2 and V3 versions of the Scanning API, which can be found in this KB article.

Let me know if you have any further questions on this too!

hornard67
Conversationalist

hi 
are those APIs you using are online? and also make sure that they are associated with specified netwrok with Meraki businesss sandbox, because data can only be send or running when those functionality and access points are running correctly. 
thanks

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.