Webhooks for Down Alerts

mikehopkins
Conversationalist

Webhooks for Down Alerts

I have looked through all the Webhook Alert Types and I'm trying to identify any and all that would apply to all Meraki devices to indicate that the device is offline and has a subsequent alert for when it comes back up.  There are alertTypeIds "stopped_reporting" and "started_reporting" but they are listed in the alert type list as being associated with alertType "APs went down" and "APs came up".

Are those just sample alertTypes for the "stopped_reporting" and "started_reporting" alertTypeIds?  Will I see those alertTypeIds for an alertType such as "Switch went down" or "Applicance went down"?

If not, what are you using for triggers to know offline and online status of devices?

2 Replies 2
ShawnHu
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@mikehopkins   I checked my webhook alerts in history, and I can see alertType like "appliances went down/up", "switches went down/up", and "cameras went down/up". I also ran a quick verification on an appliance. Here is the alert. As you can see, the alert type is "appliances went down," while alertTypeId is "stopped_reporting". So you are right about the sample. 

{
  "version": "0.1",
  "sharedSecret": "",
  "sentAt": "2022-12-27T08:45:16.808865Z",
  "organizationId": REMOVED FOR PRIVACY,
  "organizationName":REMOVED FOR PRIVACY,
  "organizationUrl":REMOVED FOR PRIVACY,
  "networkId":REMOVED FOR PRIVACY,
  "networkName":REMOVED FOR PRIVACY,
  "networkUrl":REMOVED FOR PRIVACY,
  "networkTags": [REMOVED FOR PRIVACY
  ],
  "deviceSerial":REMOVED FOR PRIVACY,
  "deviceMac":REMOVED FOR PRIVACY,
  "deviceName": "",
  "deviceUrl":REMOVED FOR PRIVACY,
  "deviceTags": [],
  "deviceModel": "MX65",
  "alertId": "646829496510174305",
  "alertType": "appliances went down",
  "alertTypeId": "stopped_reporting",
  "alertLevel": "critical",
  "occurredAt": "2022-12-27T08:40:09.000000Z",
  "alertData": {}
}

mikehopkins
Conversationalist

Many thanks for this information! It is actually really great if "stopped_reporting" and "started_reporting" works and is consistent across all device types.  We are integrating with AlertOps and really need a consistent signal to indicate down and up status of devices. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.