Webhook for WAN Public IP Change

AndP_net
Conversationalist

Webhook for WAN Public IP Change

Hello is there a way to create a Webhook Template when the Public IP of my MXs changes?

Thank you

Regards

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't know if I understood correctly, but, yes, you can create a webhook to get alerts when the public IP of your MX changes. 

Navigate to the Network-wide  > Alerts page.

When defining an HTTPS server to receive the webhook alert, you have an option to select a payload template.

Click on the ‘Add or edit webhook templates’ to begin. To create a new template, press the ‘Create template’ button.

The template must be written in a way that it renders to valid JSON RFC82591. You can use the ‘Generate Preview’ button to check for any JSON & Liquid syntax errors.

Webhooks support all configurable alert types available in the dashboard under Network-wide > Alerts. You can set the alert type to notify you when the public IP changes.

Webhooks - Cisco Meraki

Meraki webhooks and sample webhooks schemas. - Meraki Webhook API docs - Cisco Meraki Developer Hub

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Hello Thank you for your quick reply but if i well understood there's no way to set up an allarm just for Public IP change as @PhilipDAth said.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm not aware of any alert for a change of IP address - which you need to generate a WebHook ...

Available alerts are:

PhilipDAth_0-1702451514223.png

You need to create a template.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Could you please more specific? I have looked this up and can't find a way to do it. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.