Webhook for WAN Public IP Change

AndP_net
Conversationalist

Webhook for WAN Public IP Change

Hello is there a way to create a Webhook Template when the Public IP of my MXs changes?

Thank you

Regards

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't know if I understood correctly, but, yes, you can create a webhook to get alerts when the public IP of your MX changes. 

Navigate to the Network-wide  > Alerts page.

When defining an HTTPS server to receive the webhook alert, you have an option to select a payload template.

Click on the ‘Add or edit webhook templates’ to begin. To create a new template, press the ‘Create template’ button.

The template must be written in a way that it renders to valid JSON RFC82591. You can use the ‘Generate Preview’ button to check for any JSON & Liquid syntax errors.

Webhooks support all configurable alert types available in the dashboard under Network-wide > Alerts. You can set the alert type to notify you when the public IP changes.

Webhooks - Cisco Meraki

Meraki webhooks and sample webhooks schemas. - Meraki Webhook API docs - Cisco Meraki Developer Hub

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Hello Thank you for your quick reply but if i well understood there's no way to set up an allarm just for Public IP change as @PhilipDAth said.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm not aware of any alert for a change of IP address - which you need to generate a WebHook ...

Available alerts are:

PhilipDAth_0-1702451514223.png

You need to create a template.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Could you please more specific? I have looked this up and can't find a way to do it. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.