Webhook Templates & Headers

thetymski
New here

Webhook Templates & Headers

1. Webhook receivers and templates are per network. If I'd like to make a custom template to use for a receiver I am creating in each network, does that mean I need to make the templates as such (since template names appear to need to be unique organization-wide):

• My_Template_Network_1
  • My_Template_Network_2
  • My_Template_Network_3

in order to get the same template on each network?

2. I have a liquid header configured like such:

sharedSecret | {{ sharedSecret }}

If I populate my webhook data with a value and generate a preview, I can see my value as expected. However, once I use this template for a receiver and send a test, the sharedSecret header is empty, despite my receiver being configured with a shared secret. Any ideas?

The setup in general is appearing to be sort of jank, so I'm assuming I'm missing something here.

3 Replies 3
MartinLL
Building a reputation

You may need to convert the string to base64.

Take a look at my reply in this thread.

Also, templates can be org wide, but there is a few additional hoops to go through. Those are also outlined in my post. Hope it helps 😀

thetymski
New here

Hi, unfortunately, Base64 or not, I am receiving an empty string. If I pass a plain text header it comes through without an issue. The Liquid template should be processed on the Meraki side, so I'm a bit lost as to what the issue could be.

MartinLL
Building a reputation

I see. In that case im not sure what the issue could be. The liquid template in my example posts works just fine. Try to copy that and see if it is just a typo somewhere. Keep in mind that the template is made for service now. Your system might have other requirements.

Could it be an issue with the reciever? What happens if you just send a webhook test to webhook.site for example?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.