Use Dashboard API to extract configuration from a network

Erik
Here to help

Use Dashboard API to extract configuration from a network

Is this possible? I need to move some networks to different org's. I know that equipment and licenses can be moved from "license info", but what about the configuration?

6 REPLIES 6
webfrank
Getting noticed

Hi, you can use a third party application to perform a full organization/network backup/restore.

Disclaimer, I work for V-App.io which has a Cloud Network Backup application specific for this task.

Nash
Kind of a big deal

@webfrank wrote:

Hi, you can use a third party application to perform a full organization/network backup/restore.

Disclaimer, I work for V-App.io which has a Cloud Network Backup application specific for this task

It's not correct to state that you can perform a "full" restore, based on the limited endpoints we've got. (Not a criticism of the API team - they add stuff constantly, and it takes time to build/test!)

If you've got L3 routing going on via Meraki switches, you've got to recreate that manually. OSPF? Manual.

Client VPN on the MX? Manual.

Users on your MX? Manual recreation.

Steinbep
Getting noticed

Yes, this can be done with the API.  I just did this last weekend with python module from meraki. If you would like some help just PM me and I can point you in the direction you need.

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Steinbep wrote:

Yes, this can be done with the API.  I just did this last weekend with python module from meraki. If you would like some help just PM me and I can point you in the direction you need.

That's the time when I'm browsing through forums and always ask myself "we doesn't he just point us all into the direction needed"?! It's a forum, you know @Steinbep? It's about nor providing help via PM but within the forums themselves. 😉

@CptnCrnchThanks for pointing that out. Here are the documents that I used:

https://meraki.io

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

My backup/restore script you do most of what you want.

https://www.ifm.net.nz/cookbooks/meraki-backup.html 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.