Retrieve total volume for one day

SOLVED
ktzanet
Just browsing

Retrieve total volume for one day

Is there a way to retrieve the data volume per client device (or at least per AP device) for a specific amount of time for example for day 22/12/2017? I have seen this request /devices/[serial]/clients that returns 

[ { "description": "Hayg's Nexus 5", "mdnsName": "Hayg's Nexus 5", "dhcpHostname": "HaygNexus5", "usage": {"sent": 1337.0, "recv": 7331.0}, "mac": "00:18:D3:AD:B3:3F", "ip": "1.2.3.4", "id": "lk12uq", "switchport": null }, ... ]

but we can't get it for. a specific date/time. 

Is there an interface I am missing that can be used for this purpose?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MilesMeraki
Head in the Cloud

I assume you're trying to get this information from the API? To my knowledge, you can't get this information for a set period of time from an API call currently.

This information can be gathered from the dashboard by going network-wide>clients and assigning tags to certain clients you want to monitor. After assigning a tag, navigate to organization>summary report. You can then specify to run the summary report on a custom time range, only on certain tagged clients.

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MilesMeraki
Head in the Cloud

I assume you're trying to get this information from the API? To my knowledge, you can't get this information for a set period of time from an API call currently.

This information can be gathered from the dashboard by going network-wide>clients and assigning tags to certain clients you want to monitor. After assigning a tag, navigate to organization>summary report. You can then specify to run the summary report on a custom time range, only on certain tagged clients.

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

I would like to second this - I am trying to extract usage (# of clients, data transferred, etc.) from MX security appliance networks.

I see that you can do this with MR Wireless networks via the Public Status API page feature found in Network Wide -> General. This is exactly what I am looking for, but for MX networks, so I can capture the wired traffic as well.

Is there a way to enable this?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.